We are in the thick of chili season, and we love to mix things up by making a white chili. White chili uses white beans and a white base, which is typically sour cream and heavy cream. We’ve switched this recipe up to make it both vegan, and a bit friendlier on the waist line.
Creamy Vegan and Gluten Free White Chili
🐶 WE GOT YOU 10% OFF ALL V-DOG VEGAN DOG FOOD AND TREATS!🐾
Just use our special coupon code HAPPYGFVEGAN at the V-Dog website!
Plus ordering directly from the V-Dog site helps support us!
- 2 cans of organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of organic cannellini beans, beans left in can
- 7 cups of vegetable broth, or No Chicken Broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- two 4-ounce cans whole mild green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbl. lime juice
- 2 cups of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Melt coconut oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once it is melted, saute onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add the chopped green chilies, two cans of rinsed beans, paprika, cayenne pepper, lime juice, corn kernels and salsa. Pour the broth into the dutch oven, reduce heat to low. Add salt and pepper to taste, and let simmer.
While the chili simmers, open the other two cans of cannellini beans and dump them, including the water in which the beans came, into a blender. Blend on high until completely blended, with a creamy consistency. Add to the dutch oven, stirring to thoroughly incorporate. Continue to simmer the chili on low, for an hour. Stir occasionally. Enjoy.
Thank you! ❤️
*Receipts will come from ISIPP.
There are so many excellent ways to serve this chili:
- Topped with: avocado, cilantro, your favorite vegan and gluten free cheese
- Accompanied by: rice, gluten free tortilla chips, gluten free tortillas
The good news is that, with the leftovers you’ll have, you can try it as many ways as you like.
The Happy Gluten-Free Vegan is always free, always reader-supported. Your tips via CashApp, Venmo, or Paypal are appreciated. Receipts will come from ISIPP.