Warm up with this easy and fragrant gluten-free and vegan breakfast porridge that is hearty, tasty, and incredibly nourishing!
2 cups quinoa, soaked
1 ½ cups water
2 cups hemp milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
⅓ cup maple syrup, or if you need it to be sugar-free we recommend Lakanto’s as it’s made from monkfruit
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cardamom
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Coconut oil, for greasing the Instant Pot
Get the Happy Gluten-Free Vegan Cookbook!
50 of our favorite recipes, all vegan, all gluten-free, instantly downloadable for just $9.97!
– Place dry quinoa in a glass bowl and cover with water by about an inch – soak for about 8 hours or overnight.
– Drain the quinoa in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear.
– Grease the bottom of the Instant Pot with a little bit of coconut oil.
– Add the soaked quinoa to the Instant Pot and add 1 ½ cups water.
– Pour in 2 cups of hemp milk or other dairy-free milk, maple syrup, spices, and salt.
– Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it.
– Set on Manual at ‘High’ pressure for 3 minutes.
– When it’s done beeping, do a ‘natural pressure release’ for 5 to 10 minutes.
– Open the Instant Pot, stir, and serve with toppings!
Some great toppings include nuts and seeds, flaked coconut, and chocolate chips (Lily’s brand is sugar-free)!
Like this recipe? Please let us know by supporting this free, reader-supported resource.
Get Our Happy Gluten-Free Vegan cookbook!
50 of our favorite vegan, gluten-free recipes at your fingertips!
Check it out here, or download it now!:
Note: Some links on this site are partner links. That means that The Happy Gluten-Free Vegan will earn a commission, at no extra charge to you, if you purchase through our partner link. This helps keep our site free for everybody. Thank you for your support!