Note: The Happy Gluten-Free Vegan has recently done away with all Google ads. Instead we have created beneficial partnerships with upstanding companies that we believe bring value to our readers. Visiting our partners helps keep the Happy Gluten-Free Vegan free for everybody. 🙂
Warm up with this easy and fragrant gluten-free and vegan breakfast porridge that is hearty, tasty, and incredibly nourishing!
2 cups quinoa, soaked
1 ½ cups water
2 cups hemp milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
⅓ cup maple syrup, or if you need it to be sugar-free we recommend Lakanto’s as it’s made from monkfruit
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cardamom
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Coconut oil, for greasing the Instant Pot
the BEST vegan, gluten-free protein bars!
(Read about Anne's hospital stay)
– Place dry quinoa in a glass bowl and cover with water by about an inch – soak for about 8 hours or overnight.
– Drain the quinoa in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear.
– Grease the bottom of the Instant Pot with a little bit of coconut oil.
– Add the soaked quinoa to the Instant Pot and add 1 ½ cups water.
– Pour in 2 cups of hemp milk or other dairy-free milk, maple syrup, spices, and salt.
– Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it.
– Set on Manual at ‘High’ pressure for 3 minutes.
– When it’s done beeping, do a ‘natural pressure release’ for 5 to 10 minutes.
– Open the Instant Pot, stir, and serve with toppings!
Some great toppings include nuts and seeds, flaked coconut, and chocolate chips (Lily’s brand is sugar-free)!
Get our instant download Happy Gluten-Free Vegan cookbook!
50 of our favorite recipes for only $7.99
Check it out here, or download it now!:
Like this recipe? Show your appreciation for this free resource and help support us!