Warm up with this easy and fragrant gluten-free and vegan breakfast porridge that is hearty, tasty, and incredibly nourishing!
2 cups quinoa, soaked
1 ½ cups water
2 cups hemp milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
⅓ cup maple syrup, or if you need it to be sugar-free we recommend Lakanto’s as it’s made from monkfruit
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cardamom
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Coconut oil, for greasing the Instant Pot
|Don't you just hate it when you are looking for a recipe, and you have to scroll through dozens of pages before you get to the recipe way down at the bottom of the page?
That's because they are trying to make money off you and Google requires it. We don't care - we're here to share recipes with you, and will never make you scroll through several pages only to get to what you want - the recipe. That said, it does cost us money to run the site, so if you like something you found here, please consider donating to support The Happy Gluten Free Vegan!
– Place dry quinoa in a glass bowl and cover with water by about an inch – soak for about 8 hours or overnight.
– Drain the quinoa in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear.
– Grease the bottom of the Instant Pot with a little bit of coconut oil.
– Add the soaked quinoa to the Instant Pot and add 1 ½ cups water.
– Pour in 2 cups of hemp milk or other dairy-free milk, maple syrup, spices, and salt.
– Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it.
– Set on Manual at ‘High’ pressure for 3 minutes.
– When it’s done beeping, do a ‘natural pressure release’ for 5 to 10 minutes.
– Open the Instant Pot, stir, and serve with toppings!
Some great toppings include nuts and seeds, flaked coconut, and chocolate chips (Lily’s brand is sugar-free)!
Note: We sometimes include Amazon links which provide us a bit of revenue and they don't affect your Amazon prices at all - this helps us keep the HGFV site free for everyone!