We love a colorful salad! The more colors in a salad the more nutrients the salad contains. This salad does not disappoint, with vibrant red tomatoes, bright orange carrots, pretty red onions and bright green avocados. With the added vitamin C of the lime and lemon juice, this salad is like a bowl-full of good nutrition!
Vegan, Gluten-Free Garbanzo Bean and Avocado Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can organic Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute drained garbanzo beans in the heated oil over medium heat for about a minute. Remove from heat and set aside. Add the rest of the ingredients in large bowl, and add heated garbanzo beans. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste, and more olive oil if desired.
Make a big bowl of this in the beginning of the week and you can munch on it all week!