Today in this week’s delicious salad series, we have another recipe brought to you from the awesome Earthbound Farm cookbook, Salads for Every Season. We are particularly excited about this recipe because most potato salads are not vegan when topped with the continuously popular potato salad condiment, mayonnaise. Well what this salad is lacking in mayo, it more than makes up for in a bounty of delicious, pallet-pleasing vegetables, herbs and spices. We hope you enjoy it us as much as us!
🐶 HEY! WE GOT YOU 10% OFF ALL V-DOG VEGAN DOG FOOD AND TREATS!🐾
NO EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDED!
Just use our special coupon code HAPPYGFVEGAN at the V-Dog website!
Vegan, Gluten Free Three-Color Potato Salad
Serves 6 to 8
- 1½ pounds small new potatoes, preferably in assorted colors such as red, purple, and yellow, scrubbed (peeling optional)
- About 4 cups cold water
- About 8 ounces fresh green beans or wax beans, or a combination of both, trimmed, blanched (see box), and cut into 1-inch lengths (1½ cups)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, halved through the stem end, then very thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a large pot, and add 1 tablespoon salt and enough cold water to cover. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes, depending on their size.
Thank you! ❤️
*Receipts will come from ISIPP.
While the potatoes are cooking, place the green beans, tomatoes, red onion, olives, parsley, capers, and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl, and stir gently to combine.
The Happy Gluten-Free Vegan is always free, always reader-supported. Your tips via CashApp, Venmo, or Paypal are appreciated. Receipts will come from ISIPP.